Great Value Chocolate Chip Cookies  » Food  »
  • The difference in cost was about a dollar
  • To be honest, I think these chocolate chip cookies may be the best I have tasted in my life
  • It tastes absolutely amazing and has fulfilled my cravings

• by mhoppal

As part of my household’s cutting-back budget, we have begun buying staples like shampoo from the dollar store and switching to generic and store brands of other things, especially foods.As such, we recently purchased our first tube of non-Toll House chocolate chip cookies and made the switch to Wal-Mart’s Great Value store brand. The difference in cost was about a dollar. The difference in quality was non-existent.

To be honest, I think these chocolate chip cookies may

be the best I have tasted in my life. I have an addiction to warm, melting chocolate that can only be fulfilled by fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies, but mixing batter can be a long and difficult process when I have a craving, so I began keeping chocolate chip cookie dough on-hand at all times in the form of those refrigerated, square packages.

The Great Value version comes in a long tube sort of like a sausage casing. The package ...

• is plain, white plastic with a picture of cookies that don’t look so wonderful. It is somewhat easy to get into, but kind of a pain. You definitely need to use a knife.

Once opened, the package keeps well for at least a week (this is the longest I have gone, as I make half a tube for one batch) sealed in an air-tight plastic sandwich bag.The cookies take around 10 minutes to bake for medium-sized cookies.

They

only need to cool for about 30 seconds before they stop falling completely apart. The dough does not stick too badly to a scratched non-stick sheet. It tastes absolutely amazing and has fulfilled my cravings.

Since Toll House is so much more expensive and the Great Value chocolate chip cookies are the same thing - even better, perhaps - I will continue to purchase them in the future. Next week’s adventure will be Great Value’s version of Hamburger Helper.

Great Value Chocolate Chip Cookies

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272011899650130/k2311a1120/11.20.09