The I Love Lucy Guide to Life  » Books  »
1.5
  • The I Love Lucy Guide to Life is not one of my favorite books on the series
  • I would hardly recommend that any person take these words of wisdom as a way to approach life
  • I think the cover art for the book is about the best part of the book as it really looks like something out of the 1950s

• by GenesisOne

“The I Love Lucy Guide to Life” is not one of my favorite books on the series. The reason is it really does not accomplish what it claims to do.

“I Love Lucy” was a comedy, first and foremost.

The lines were crafted to be humorous.

I do not associate such lines with wisdom, and I am sure that

the writers never did either.

I would hardly recommend that any person take these “words of wisdom” as a way to approach life.

That is just not what the writers of the series ever intended.

I also did not like that the words were really, really tiny in this book and while my eyes are pretty strong, I still felt myself having to strain to read the words.

The pictures too were remarkably small and at times, appeared distorted, perhaps being due to being shrunken down so much.

Thus, in terms of a quote collection and picture collection, I feel this book comes up quite short.

There are far better books on the show that contain a larger ...

• The I Love Lucy Guide to Life
      collection of quotes like “The Quotable I Love Lucy book” and photos like the “I Love Lucy: The Complete Picture History of the Most Popular TV Show Ever”.

I think the cover art for the book is about the best part of the book as it really looks like something out of the 1950s.

It is very attractive, but

sadly, the content of the book does not live up to the excitement generated by the cover.

If you are a collector of Lucy merchandise, then I suppose this is a book that you would want to purchase, but for regular fans of “I Love Lucy”, I would just recommend checking this book out of the library for free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172011899410130/k2311a1120/11.20.09