Kiki Strike, a novel by Kirsten Miller  » Books  »
  • I thought I would read some chicklit, but instead of that, it is a teen lit
  • But after reading the novel, I think this was not bad
  • Her experience brought her to a unbelievable adventure with a strange girl named Kiki Strike
  • This is definitely not an ordinary teenlit

• by sc4rl3tt

First of all, I feel a little bit cheated when I first read this book. I thought I would read some chicklit, but instead of that, it is a teen lit. I blamed the cover because of the gloomy and dark design of the cover made me thought so. But after reading the novel, I think this was not bad. Not

bad at all.

The story began with Ananka Fishbein, an ordinary nerd girl who saw a big hole on the park nearby her apartment, from her bedroom window. She found a city under the Manhattan street. Her experience brought her to a unbelievable adventure with a strange girl named Kiki Strike. With this mysterious girl, and other girls, Ananka Fishbein tried to ...

• unsolve the puzzle of the underground world.

This is definitely not an ordinary teenlit. You would find not only the girly story like other teenlit, but also some actions, fantasy and a little bit of mystery. If you like detective stories, which have lots of twists in their plots, you would love this one too.

I think the author is really great in

describing each of the characters, and great in storytelling too. That’s why, I, who rarely enjoy teenlit could read this thick book to the end. And I also love the twists, though the ending wasn’t really hit it. I am recommending this book for teens reader who’s trying to find a book with different kind of story. I think teens would like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172011899260130/k2311a1120/11.20.09