Perla Laundry Soap (Original White)  » Housewares  »
  • I was not too impressed when I used it because it took quite some time before mud was taken out of the clothes I washed

• by JustCurious

Typhoon Ondoy left us with a lot of clothes and various belongings that needed to be washed free of mud. The flood water brought with it a lot of mud and most of our clothes were swimming in it and the smell was horrendous.

Because there was a lot to do first, we

were able to start washing clothes only after four weeks and so you can just imagine how horrible they smelled.

I brought out a few clothes and washed it with Perla Laundry Soap (Original White).

According to the blurb, this new soap is 15% larger than the older one.

I was ...

• not too impressed when I used it because it took quite some time before mud was taken out of the clothes I washed.

Although it was larger (or so it claimed), I went through bars of this soap faster than another one.

My clothes were clean but the smell was too antiseptic

for me.

It did neutralize the smell of floodwater on the clothes without using bleach on it, but the fabric became stiffer than it originally was.

The soap did not have a lot of suds when mixed with water and if not washed out of the clothes, it was a little itchy to wear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532011899141230/k2311a1120/11.20.09