Acer UX50 laptop  » Computers  »
  • That’s when I came across a bad problem with this computer
  • I found that if I allowed the automatic updates, at vista would mess up and then try to update my computer, shut off, turn back on on its own, try to update, shut off, turn on, try to update, turn off…over and over and over
  • Not only that, but there was no way to avoid it
  • I love my laptop, it is so much faster than my old desktop, and it has all kinds of new features like voice recognition and stuff

• by Joelle

I had saved up all summer to try and afford a laptop. I wanted something mostly to write on, but also that I could look up things, listen to the radio, and research on the internet. By the end of the summer, I had only saved up a depressing $250.

The only thing that I would have been able to afford with that would have been a cheap little mini laptop, and I was even going to try and buy one, but to my surprise, my dad bought on for me. He got me the Acer UX50 laptop.

I was so surprised, because I had expected to be getting tiny

little thing with absolutely no processing power, but instead I got an amzing computer that was going to make everything that I did so much easier. It cane with Vista preinstalled, and although it took a lont time to set everything up, it ran smoothly for around half a month.

That’s when I came across a bad problem with this computer. I found that if I allowed the automatic updates, at vista would mess up and then try to update my computer, shut off, turn back on on its own, try to update, shut off, turn on, try to update, turn off…over and over and over.

I tried to let ...

• it run, but it had been running all night, and than half of the day without me knowing. Not only that, but there was no way to avoid it.

I ended up having to reset the entire computer back to the way it was back when I first got it. I lost all of my data, as well as a finished novel that I had accidentally deleted off of my backup drive the day before.

After that, I turned off the automatic updates, and now it works just fine. I love my laptop, it is so much faster than my old desktop, and it has all kinds of new features

like voice recognition and stuff.

It has a very nice, sleek design, and the keyboard is full sized with a number pad and all. I have very few problems with it now.

It really is a great laptop. For me, this was my very first laptop, and I have learned a lot about taking care of it.

I have to clean the screen a lot, and when I shut the lid, I try to put a little cloth over the number pad so that it doesn’t get imprinted on the screen like they sometimes do for laptops. I haven’t had any kind of problems with that, I am just taking some precautions for my baby.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 191911898550830/k2311a1119/11.19.09