Yes! Linen Canvas  » Other  »
1.0
  • The one that I usually use is the cotton, because I like the way it feels, but I have used the linen a few times, and although it is supposed to last a lot longer than the cotton, I have been having a few problems with it
  • I thought that when I was going to use it, it would make my paintings better and more professional, but on the contrary, it was difficult to work with, and although the end result was fine, the process of getting there was absolutely annoying
  • There wasn’t much I could do, so I just hoed that it would not pose too much of a problem when I decided to work on the painting anyway
  • Bit instead, them made an interesting and strange pattern running through the sky (the transparent paint) even after I was finished with the painting

• by Joelle

I have been painting for a little over a year and a half, and have had the opportunity of experimenting with several types of canvas. The first is a canvas pallet that was good for beginner paintings, and the others that I have been using are now linen and cotton.

The one that I usually use is the cotton, because I like the way it feels, but I have used the linen a few times, and although it is supposed to last a lot longer than the cotton, I have been having a few problems with it.

I was surprised when I was

starting to have these issues, because my art teacher said that I should like this better, it is supposedly the better of the products, and is the kind of canvas that the old masters used.

I thought that when I was going to use it, it would make my paintings better and more professional, but on the contrary, it was difficult to work with, and although the end result was fine, the process of getting there was absolutely annoying.

I went ahead and stretched my canvas, thinking that it was going to be the same as the cotton, nice and sturdy, and easily ...

• stretchable onto the frame.

But nearly as soon as I started working, I discovered that I was very very wrong.

It was not easy to stretch, and that was because the linen was much more elastic, so I had don’t the entire thing, and it was bulging and loose and floppy in the middle.

There wasn’t much I could do, so I just hoed that it would not pose too much of a problem when I decided to work on the painting anyway.

Well let me say that I had my fair share of problems with that painting.

The first problem that I

saw I had with the actual painting was that the lines of the grid I had drawn were actually imprinted into the canvas.

There were little dents and lines running all through the linen, and just like the rest of the time, I just thought that maybe they too would just disappear.

Bit instead, them made an interesting and strange pattern running through the sky (the transparent paint) even after I was finished with the painting.

They also were difficult to disguise when I was painting the opaque paint too.

This canvas was very difficult to work with, and is my all time least favorite canvas material.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121911898540830/k2311a1119/11.19.09