Reign in Hell 5 comic  » Books  »
  • Admittedly, it has been a long, long time since I read the last issue, so of course I'm going to be a tad lost, but even taking that into account, I didn't really care
  • The one highlight is the appearance of Lobo, who has some beef with Neron, considering the fact that the main man was so bloodthirsty that hell decided to kick him out, it was interesting to bring him back

• by David Finniss

I wanted to like this arc, I really did. Admittedly, it has been a long, long time since I read the last issue, so of course I’m going to be a tad lost, but even taking that into account, I didn’t really care.

You have a war in hell, with heroes going in

to assist what they perceive to be the lesser of two evils. This could be a great, and rather epic story. Keith Giffen is a good writer, but it all seems hollow.

Everything’s passable, the dialogue, the art. It’s not bad, but it doesn’t hook me either. I could honestly take it ...

• or leave it.

The one highlight is the appearance of Lobo, who has some beef with Neron, considering the fact that the main man was so bloodthirsty that hell decided to kick him out, it was interesting to bring him back.

A rather shocking ending comes when Lobo, for reasons I am unaware of, decides

to kill Zatara, Zatanna’s father. She’s grief stricken as she’s forced to banish his soul from existence since, as it’s explained, you can’t die in the afterlife and being “killed” sends you to an even worse place. Zatanna angrily glares up at Lobo and essentially throws down the gauntlet, it should be an interesting match up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171911898380830/k2311a1119/11.19.09