In Focus LP 650 Projector  » Electronics  »
  • I agree with him that watching sports on the big screen is a different experience altogether

• by bethbarl

The Focus LP 650 Projector is a luxury we brought from Europe when we were in West Africa. This is not such a developed area and although there was satellite TV, the transmission was not always reliable. My husband thought of an alternative solution for our entertainment needs and we thought, having a projector on a large screen (not a white, empty wall) would enhance our viewing enjoyment.

It definitely did. This projector comes in a very handy carry case which included every cable and adaptor imaginable from computer, video to audio.

It was not the easiest thing to install

and we had to seek help from a technician but in the end, we succeeded in hooking this projector to our TV, DVD, VCR, Hi-Fi, game consoles (Wii and Game Cube, satellite decoder and computer all at the same time. The unit is very quiet and does not overheat.

It also comes with a relatively easy remote control to operate and regulate the projector’s operation. This is very handy when we want to change the source of video from DVD to watching movies on an external disk of a computer or from watching satellite TV to looking at a PowerPoint presentation.

...

• Picture quality is of a high resolution and really wonderful, sort of the same image that you get when you are watching at the movie theatres. The biggest bonus is, we can watch whenever and whatever we want at the comfort of our home.

In fact, our living room becomes a mini-cinema whenever we put on the projector for watching movies or in my husband’s case, live football. I agree with him that watching sports on the big screen is a different experience altogether.

You can see and examine every detail. I can also watch what’s being shown while I’m in

the kitchen or when we are dining.

The projector screen is big enough that we can see it from all angles of my home, except for the bedrooms. The kids have also a lot of fun playing Mario Party or Mario Kart on the big screen.

For the pricey tag of this projector ($5,000 in 2003), I would say this is already a step higher than amateur projectors. We did not expect anything less.

This is an expensive but very high quality product which we intend to keep for years to come. It has certainly given us lots of enjoyable moments.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161911898340830/k2311a1119/11.19.09