Sunsweet Prune Juice  » Food  »
  • I have got into the healthy habit of drinking a small glass of Sunsweet Prune Juice every morning with my breakfast and I have noticed a difference to my digestive system
  • I have had a problem with constipation for years, probably because I do not drink enough liquids
  • From my personal experience I think that is true
  • The only problem is, I find water a bit boring to drink to be honest and I can only manage a couple of small glasses a day, so I buy fruit juice to make it more pleasant to increase my liquid intake
  • OK, so I am not keen on prunes but I bought it purely for the health benefits, from Tesco for £2.04 for one litre

• by jeanne71

I have got into the healthy habit of drinking a small glass of Sunsweet Prune Juice every morning with my breakfast and I have noticed a difference to my digestive system. I have to admit that I do not like prunes at all and since trying them as a kid and grimacing at the taste I have hardly consumed anything remotely prune-like again until I started buying this. I have had a problem with constipation for years, probably because I do not drink enough liquids.

I do drink coffee but I have heard it said

that coffee does not count towards your daily liquid requirement as it actually dehydrates your body. From my personal experience I think that is true.

The only problem is, I find water a bit boring to drink to be honest and I can only manage a couple of small glasses a day, so I buy fruit juice to make it more pleasant to increase my liquid intake. When I saw the advert for the Sunsweet Prune Juice in a magazine I thought it was perfect for me as it does not only have the beneficial ...

• nutrients of any fruit juice, but it is particularly high in fibre and recommended to aid digestion and treat constipation.

It claims to be ‘twice as effective as any other juice for getting you going again’. OK, so I am not keen on prunes but I bought it purely for the health benefits, from Tesco for £2.

04 for one litre.

The taste was as I expected from prune juice but I did not grimace too much.

It is made from high quality Californian prunes and, relatively speaking, it tasted quite pleasant and naturally sweet.

Yes, it does get your system going again.

I have been extremely regular for a while now, thank you very much. It is supposed to work due to some natural ingredient in the prunes that retains water as it is absorbed into the system, which basically means that your stools are going to be softer.

Well, it does work and it is a lot easier for me to go now. I will continue buying this prune juice and although prune will never be my favorite juice, its health benefits have won me over.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271911898250730/k2311a1119/11.19.09