The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
  • I had forgotten about this lovely shampoo until I saw an advert for it in a magazine which reminded me of how delicious it smells
  • I bought mine from The Body Shop website for £3.99 for a 250ml bottle

• by jeanne71

I had forgotten about this lovely shampoo until I saw an advert for it in a magazine which reminded me of how delicious it smells. The Body Shop Banana Shampoo was originally launched in 1990 and at some point was discontinued but has now been brought back by popular demand.

I bought mine from The Body Shop website for £3.

99 for a 250ml bottle.

This more expensive than most shampoos but I wanted to treat myself to what I remembered as a lovely shampoo.

It is a thick, creamy yellow shampoo and a small amount goes a long way.

It produces a rich lather which just feels really conditioning as I rub it into my hair and the scent of bananas is really delicious.

This shampoo contains real pureed bananas which is a well know natural hair conditioner and so the banana scent is a pleasing natural smell.

Sticking to the ethical principles of The ...

• The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
      Body Shop, those bananas come from a fair trade source.

The lather easily rinses out and leaves hair soft and hydrated.

A lot of shampoos claim to hydrate dry hair and they can be a disappointment but this is really moisturizing.

My hair feels properly clean and people have commented that

it smells nice, although I have not been using the banana conditioner.

This Banana Shampoo is a pleasure to use with a great, natural smell and I am glad The Body Shop has brought it back.

Most importantly, it does what it claims to do, cleanses hair but leaves it soft and shiny too.

Lea says :

Hello, I am wondering if this shampoo would be good for a dry sensitive scalp. It sounds awesome

Galega says :

This shampoo is suitable for all types of scalp, like dry or oily. There should not be any problem because of the type of scalp you have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311911898100730/k2311a1119/11.19.09