Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder
  • If I wanted to buy it, it would cost a whopping £24 for a 24g pot which comes complete with its own brush, but based on my experience it is only an OK product and I will try another brand to see if it is better
  • On my cheek I found it worked best when I pressed it on using a powder puff rather than the brush which was difficult to blend with
  • I have experimented with it applying it to various areas of my face and I noticed that it seemed to emphasis wrinkles and pores
  • So I am not that impressed with it as it is easy for this to look wrong

• by jeanne71

I am basing this review on my use of a large sample of this Clinique product from the Clinique counter. If I wanted to buy it, it would cost a whopping £24 for a 24g pot which comes complete with its own brush, but based on my experience it is only an OK product and I will try another brand to see if it is better. This Instant Relief Mineral Powder is from Clinique’s Redness Solutions range which I am not familiar with. As a leftover from my teenage days of acne, I have a

bit of red discoloration on one cheek which makes it look as though I have overreached with my blusher, so with a special occasion coming up, I started to look for something that would give me a more even skin tone. I do have a few broken capillaries as well and this is supposed to cover those up.

The powder has a yellow tone to it and so you have to go carefully with the application, keeping it nice and light, or it will actually look yellow. Like the old green-tinted moisturizer I used to use to ...

• counteract redness, this yellow tint is also supposed to obliterate the redness but is not supposed to actually make you look yellow. On my cheek I found it worked best when I pressed it on using a powder puff rather than the brush which was difficult to blend with. I applied it lightly on top on my foundation, as putting it on before my foundation seemed to have no great effect. Applying it lightly it did reduce that red patch on my cheek. I would say that this does not work well if you
        want to reduce redness but keep your face bare of make up as it just looked too yellow. It did seem to work well on my few broken capillaries though. I have experimented with it applying it to various areas of my face and I noticed that it seemed to emphasis wrinkles and pores.

In summary, it has some effect on reducing redness if applied lightly, apply too much and you look yellow and it does emphasise imperfections. So I am not that impressed with it as it is easy for this to look wrong!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311911898060730/k2311a1119/11.19.09