XL, prepaid phone provider for Blackberry
  • The problem is, when something seems too good to be true, it usually is

• by sc4rl3tt

XL is one big mobile phone provider which also offers Blackberry Internet Service with a very affordable price. XL offers two kind of BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) subscription in two ways: monthly and daily subscription.

For monthly subscription fee, you’d need to pay IDR 150,000, or about USD 15. You just need to divide it by 30 days to get the daily subscription fee. That’s why most people use XL for their Blackberry.

I used XL too to activate my blackberry, not

only because of the affordable services but also because of the international roaming services. While other providers require you to provide them with high balances and take weeks to proceed the international roaming, XL gives the simpler steps, and lower price as well, especially in countries where XL has built partnerships.

This was very helpful for me, especially when I went to Singapore for vacation. I don’t need to buy new simcard for my mobile phone, and I can still use my Blackberry ...

• to connect to the internet.

The problem is, when something seems too good to be true, it usually is. With so many features offered to users from XL, and with the low prices, you can not expect the premium connectivity.

The most common issues I had when I was using XL phone provider was the weak signals, the slow internet connection, and the blank spot in many areas. The busy network was the most happening when you’re calling someone in the emergency.

I remember

when there was an earthquake in Jakarta, I need to call my partner just to make sure that everything was alright, and for ten minutes, all I can hear was the operator apologizing for the busy network.

The point is, if you’d like a phone provider with an affordable price for their services, XL is a great deal. Calling, texting, and Blackberry Internet Service is really cheap. But, if you want a fast, reliable, and premium connection, this is not the one you’re looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221911898050730/k2311a1119/11.19.09