Sugar Puffs Breakfast Cereal  » Food  »
  • They are very tasty and very light, puffed wheat is full of air I suppose, so I like to pile my bowl really high
  • Considering that they are good for dieters, I think this is an adequately filling breakfast cereal
  • Sugar Puffs are also usually reasonably priced and a 320g box today cost me only 99 pence

• by jeanne71

Sugar Puffs have been around for as long as I can remember and they are a very familiar brand of breakfast cereal, always one of my favorites. These are no longer produced by Quaker but by Honey Monster Foods, but I got Sugar Puffs at the moment and they taste just the same as

when I was a kid.

They are basically puffed wheat glazed with honey and brown sugar so, yes there is the usual sugar content in a supposedly healthy breakfast cereal, but there is a lot of goodness too.

They are very tasty and very light, puffed wheat is full of air I suppose, so I like to pile my bowl really high.

They do not absorb a lot of milk either.

They are pretty sweet so there is no need to add any extra sweetener of course, but I would not say that there is any discernible taste of honey, just a general sweetness.

They ...

• Sugar Puffs Breakfast Cereal
      are easy to crunch into but not hard on the teeth or sharp on the gums at all.

They are low in fat and a bowl, probably more modest than the bowls I have, contains only 114 calories according to the box.

Considering that they are good for dieters, I think this is an adequately

filling breakfast cereal.

It is high in fibre and fortified with vitamins and iron so, despite the sugar content, it redeems itself.

Sugar Puffs are also usually reasonably priced and a 320g box today cost me only 99 pence.

Apart from the dreaded sugar content, this is a nutritious, tasty and light cereal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271811897310630/k2311a1118/11.18.09