Movie Emma
  • When I watched this movie, I thought that it was great, but I did not even know that it was based off of a Jane Austen novel for the longest time
  • I must have watched it at least three times before I found out, and even then, I was dumbfounded that I had not realized right at once that it was written by her
  • I think that it must be that she wrote in a totally different plot line, it was like nothing else that she had written before, which must have been why I did not notice it was by her
  • I love it so much, and was so excited when I found out that it was by her

• by Joelle

This movie is as charming as funny as it is romantic, and it is another film based off of one of Jane Austen’s works. The colors are lovely, and the characters all are just as I would have imagined them after reading the book. It is very accurate, and think that even a die-hard fan of the novels would love this movie as much as I do.

When I watched this movie, I thought that it was great, but I did not even know that it was based off of a Jane Austen novel for the longest time. I must have

watched it at least three times before I found out, and even then, I was dumbfounded that I had not realized right at once that it was written by her.

I think that it must be that she wrote in a totally different plot line, it was like nothing else that she had written before, which must have been why I did not notice it was by her. I love it so much, and was so excited when I found out that it was by her.

I have now watched it countless times, and don’t think that I will ever stop ...

• watching this wonderful movie. At some times I will admit that there appears to be some bad acting, that is mostly on the part of Emma’s friend, Harriet Smith, and although it may just be her trying too hard to become her character, it can be a bit distracting.

But for the most part, there was very good acting on the part of the cast, especially between Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow ) and Mr. Knightly (Jeremy Northam).

The costumes are very well made and fit right in with the time period and the classes, Emma is usually dressed very prettily, but her

friend Harriet is often dressed much more simply. The costumes also ranger very much between all the characters, and really defines them even more.

I wanted to buy all the costumes and keep them for myself, and it turns out that they were for sale, but completely out of my budget. So, I will just have to resort to watching them time and time again on the screen.

This movie is filled with delight and charm, with surprises around every bend, and such a happy ending that it could break your heart. Though not my very favorite Austen novel, it is certainly a wonderful movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111811897080630/k2311a1118/11.18.09