Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg  » Music  »
  • I thought that Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg was and still is a classic rap album
  • I purchased the album on the day it was released and I was not disappointed at all as the album blew my expectations out of the water
  • I love the fact that the beats were very catchy as they were mostly sampled from old school music from George Clinton and the Parliment Funkadelic

• by Alim Kamat

I thought that Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg was and still is a classic rap album. I remember in 1993 hearing about the album coming out and I just could not wait to go to my local music store to purchase it.

I purchased the album on the day it

was released and I was not disappointed at all as the album blew my expectations out of the water.

I love the fact that the beats were very catchy as they were mostly sampled from old school music from George Clinton and the Parliment Funkadelic.

My two most favorite songs ...

• from the album were Who am I (Whats my name?) and Gin and Juice, which were also top ten hits on the radio stations.

In addition, I really liked Snoop Doggy Dogg’s flow as it was very laid back and smooth, compared to his mentor Dr.

Dre which was more

rugged and tough.

The only bad thing about the album was the excessive amount of profanity as well as the excessive amount of sexual innuendos.

Other than those two things, I thought that the album was definitely a classic as I still play it in my CD rotation to this very day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141811897020630/k2311a1118/11.18.09