Generator Gawl Anime TV Series
  • The story is amazing and very different from the cookie cutter plots the anime industry seems to be putting out these days
  • I love all of them and the actors behind them breathe life into their roles
  • All in all, Generator Gawl is one of the best short anime I’ve ever seen
  • I thought I should let the readers know that Generator Gawl is out of print and if you want to see it you’ll have to buy the four volumes used off eBay

• by ReViewMeMedia

The anime “Generator Gawl” tells the story of three people who travel back in time from the future to 2007 to prevent the destruction of the world. These three time travelers are Jay Hickman as Koji, Matt Kelley as Ryo and Vic Mignogna as Gawl.

This anime is short and spectacular. This is one of my favorite anime, ever. The story is amazing and very different from the cookie cutter plots the anime industry seems to be putting out these days. The characters are engaging and entertaining. I love all of them and the actors behind them breathe life into their roles. Vic, who

is my favorite anime actor, is wonderful as the seemingly carefree Gawl who is an extraordinary character throughout the whole show, explaining everything about Gawl would spoil the show, and take way too much time. But I’ll just say that he’s a great actor and fit this role perfectly.

Jay Hickman was great as Koji; he is serious when he needs to be and is a great job actor. ADV put together a great cast for this anime. Matt Kelley does a terrific job as Ryo, a young man, who like Gawl, has his secrets.

Monica Rial is wonderful as Natsume and made me cry.

• I definitely can’t tell you why because it’s a major spoiler for the show but her acting was one of her best performances I’ve seen her in.

Rozie Curtis as Masami is a wonderful actress who nails this role, and this is the only one I’ve seen her in but I love her work on “Generator Gawl”. She’s definitely one to look out for when watching anime.

All in all, Generator Gawl is one of the best short anime I’ve ever seen. 13 short, rip-roaring episodes that keep going and never stop. You’ll be on the edge of your seat with all the twists

and turns and you’ll love the characters. And with an awesome theme song called “I Want Out” by Yuki Saga, you’ll be swept into a sci-fi tale any anime or sci-fi fan will love. I know I loved it, and I hope you will too.

I thought I should let the readers know that Generator Gawl is out of print and if you want to see it you’ll have to buy the four volumes used off eBay. There is a bootleg two disc set that has all the episodes, but the real set has the ADV logo on the front cover so be careful when buying it online.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111811896840530/k2311a1118/11.18.09