Kerastase Resistance Lipo-Replenishing Shampoo
  • Although the scent is amazing in the bottle, I was still not convinced that it was worth the money
  • Anyway, the lather it creates is very thick even with using just a tiny amount-which makes the cost slightly more palatable

• by Jessie Bahrey

Both my husband and I use, for the most part, salon-brand hair care products. Last week, when he got his hair cut, he came home with a new shampoo that his stylist told him was especially formulated to keep hair from thinning. It was a different product than the two he usually buys, and it was double the price; at $30 for a 250ml bottle, I was slightly perturbed with him for buying Kerastase Resistance Lipo-Replenishing Shampoo.

My salon brand shampoos and conditioners are about $15-20, and they are top of the line for the industry. I took a close look at the emerald green bottle, because I

was not familiar with the Kerastase brand.

This shampoo has something they call Complexe Vita-Refill, and it replenishes thinning hair and nourishes and softens tight scalps. It also strengthens the hair shafts and follicles, and provides moisture and vitality to hair.

So that is the information on the bottle, but of course words do not mean as much as actually using the product. I couldn’t resist smelling it, and I absolutely love the smell-very much like CK men’s fragrances, which I actually wear on occasion.

Although the scent is amazing in the bottle, I was still not convinced that it was worth the money.

My husband tried it and ...

• like it right away, although he did say that he didn’t notice thicker hair, but his scalp felt less tight and dry, and I could smell the scent on his hair for a few hours afterward.

I couldn’t resist trying it-after all, I couldn’t let him have a more expensive product without trying it. Plus, the bottle does not actually call it a men’s product.

Anyway, the lather it creates is very thick even with using just a tiny amount-which makes the cost slightly more palatable. It made my scalp tingle, smelled wonderful and rinsed out nicely.

I used just a light conditioner (my regular brand) on the

ends of my hair to see how this shampoo would work on my hair, and I also didn’t put in any styling product after my shower. It did make my hair feel fuller, and had more body.

However, it wasn’t a miraculous change. I really like that the fragrance lingers for a few hours.

My scalp never felt dry and tight, even the next day, so that would be one feature that is unique. The rest of my hair did feel soft and nourished, along with thick, so I really like this shampoo.

However, the price is a bit high, and it is not a magical transformation. Still, it is a good product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311711896540730/k2311a1117/11.17.09