Valley View Garlic Mashed Potatoes  » Food  »
2.5
  • I wouldn’t mistake these for homemade (they were definitely instant potatoes and a bit on the mushy side
  • If you have an opportunity to buy them, I would definitely recommend giving them a chance

• by Steve

We had steak last night and, to go with it, made some garlic mashed potatoes from the brand Valley View; a brand I believe we ended up buying at our local Aldi store or some other discount grocer. I have had other products from Valley View with some mixed results but the

garlic mashed potatoes were really good.

I wouldn’t mistake these for homemade (they were definitely instant potatoes and a bit on the mushy side; but that was probably the only thing I found I didn’t really like about them).

But, they were full of flavor.

The garlic seasoning created sort of a ...

• crust on the top of the potatoes and, when you mixed them up, you could taste it in every bite.

I can’t say that about some more expensive brands that are out there.

Even our daughter, who is one of the pickiest people around and usually won’t eat anything that is “seasoned”

liked the potatoes.

We gave her a serving and figured she wouldn’t even eat a couple bites.

She actually ended up having seconds; something that really surprised us.

This is one of those cheaper brands that is much better than you would think.

If you have an opportunity to buy them, I would definitely recommend giving them a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271711896510730/k2311a1117/11.17.09