Stony Brook University’s Women’s Health Clinic
Nicolls Road and Health Sciences Drive Intersection, Stony Brook, NY 11790
  • I was looking for some information on my college's website and I found some information on the women's health services
  • This definitely helped because it was my first time talking to a doctor about my sex life
  • But this clinic had no problem calling up my insurance company to fix the problem and make sure everything was okay
  • I recommend this to all of the University's female population

• by forevergrateful12

Women take much care for their health and look for health services that will meet their needs completely. When it comes to me finding a Women’s Health Clinic I can trust, I don’t have many choices since I live on my college campus. Since I am only a sophomore, I am not allowed to have a car on campus, which makes it very difficult for me to find a women’s health clinic. I was looking for some information on my college’s website and I found some information on the women’s health services. I called them and made an appointment.

I didn’t like my first impression of them when I spoke to the lady on the phone. It was my first time calling a women’s health clinic so I was quite nervous. I’m sure the lady sensed my nervousness and she was still pretty

rude to me. I couldn’t understand her at first and she got annoyed when I asked her to repeat herself.

When I finally went in for my appointment, it was a very nice atmosphere. I then saw that it was a general health clinic and the women’s clinic was down the hall. Some people were wearing face masks as to not get other people sick. It made me feel comforting that the clinic thought to have face masks available for people experiencing flu-like symptoms. The lady who confirmed my appointment and told me to fill out some forms was very nice to me, the complete opposite of whom I had spoken to on the phone.

When I got into the women’s health division, they were also extremely nice to me as well. Obviously, they had to ask me some personal questions about my sexual ...

• activity and partners and they made sure that I was comfortable talking to them about it. This definitely helped because it was my first time talking to a doctor about my sex life. Any questions I had, they answered fully and completely and without bias. I found that it was even easier than talking to my own mother. It’s hard to talk to someone about those kinds of things when they are rude to you. People don’t like to be judged in this manner.

My visit was completely free, since I was a university student. However, I did have to pay for my prescription since I didn’t have the school’s insurance. But my personal insurance company was happy to reemburse me. I am thinking about getting the school’s insurance next semester so that any prescriptions I need to get will be free as

well. This is just as great that this school has these options for students. They can come to get educated about sex, STD’s, pregnancy, or anything else they have questions about. Some people just don’t know where to go for answers.

I almost had to an annual and have tests sent to a lab, and there was a little confusion with my insurance company. But this clinic had no problem calling up my insurance company to fix the problem and make sure everything was okay. There are some very dedicated people in this clinic who really have your health and comfort in mind. I will be continuing to go to this clinic for all my needs. I trust this place completely.

I recommend this to all of the University’s female population. They are trustworthy people and will make sure that you are taken care of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341711896400730/k2311a1117/11.17.09