Final Crisis: Revelations 4
  • The fact that it had been so long since I had read any of Final Crisis really worked against it as I had little to no clue what was going on and literally spent half of the issue playing catch up
  • The spirit of Cain has possessed Vandal Savage, at least I think it was Vandal Savage
  • Given how lackluster Final Crisis turned out to be I really can't see any reason why I should recommend this issue at this point in time

• by David Finniss

Had I read this back when Final Crisis was still going on, I may’ve been able to get into it more. As it stands, the event is long over and few, if anybody cared. For all the build up and all of Morrison’s talk about how much of a masterpiece this was, Final Crisis was “meh” at best.

The fact that it had

been so long since I had read any of Final Crisis really worked against it as I had little to no clue what was going on and literally spent half of the issue playing catch up.

The spirit of Cain has possessed Vandal Savage, at least I think it was Vandal Savage. Anyway, he overpowers the Spectre and makes him his slave. The Question and some glowy girl who’s name I can’t remember (it wasn’t even mentioned in the issue itself which didn’t help matters) try to fight back with little effect as Cain has the Spear of Destiny.

The Huntress shows up and offers some help, though even she doesn’t fare much better. The team retreats, which leads to the highlight where ...

• Final Crisis: Revelations 4
      the glowy girl announces to Cain’s minions that they shall not pass.

Meanwhile, Cain is being…let’s say pampered by Catwoman and Batwoman for no apparent reason.

I struggled to muster interest in the plot. Had I read this in context with the rest of the series, I probably may’ve been able to enjoy it a lot more. Given how lackluster

“Final Crisis” turned out to be I really can’t see any reason why I should recommend this issue at this point in time. If you really want to get the whole story, than knock yourself out, otherwise, this issue is worth passing over. The art and the writing are fine, I mean there’s nothing terrible, but it doesn’t blow me away either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121711896350730/k2311a1117/11.17.09