LG Dishwasher LD-2120WH
  • For the price I paid which was about USD 583, the results are still reasonable
  • It is not the best dishwasher I ever had but it gets some cleaning and disinfecting done

• by bethbarl

Having a dishwasher in the house is one of the most practical things you can do to ease the burden of house chores. Although I have a helper in the house to assist me in doing house work, I find that having a dishwasher gives me some sort of independence.

The LG Dishwasher which we got when we moved in this house is such a big help. It is white in color which makes it easy to blend with the rest of my kitchen appliances. It has 7 different

programs and wash temperatures. This feature allows me to put the program which is most suitable for my dishes. The LCD display is useful in indicating the time left when the washing operation will be finished and provides indicators at what stage the washing operation is. However, this hardly matters to me as I open and close the machine even while in operation to take out dishes which I need or put dishes in which I have forgotten. The program still continues.

The dish racks are,however,

• not very well designed. The lower racks have slots which are so wide I could not maximize the space because I could only put plates and pots. It would have been better if they were a bit narrower so I could place smaller items like glasses and bowls when the upper basket is full.

Performance-wise, this dishwasher gets the cleaning and disinfecting done which I expect from any dishwasher. However, compared to my other dishwasher (Bosch) which was older, this dishwasher perfomed on the average. I have to thoroughly

pre-soak or clean heavily soiled items. It is my opinion that the jet spray arms are not superior in output. Thus, some dishes will still have food leftovers on them.

For the price I paid which was about USD 583, the results are still reasonable. It is not the best dishwasher I ever had but it gets some cleaning and disinfecting done. For lightly soiled items, this can be a very good solution. On my part, I am just happy not to do so many dishes at one time.

Lucas says :

I have the LG LD 2120WH dishwasher for almost 4 years. The problem i am sitting with is that the dishes doesnt dry at all. Where do I i start to eliminate the problem.

Jules Li says :

There are a few things that could cause this. First, you should check the rinse aid and add more if necessary. Another thing that you should check is the drainage hose. If the hose is kinked, the dishes will not dry. If the problem continues after this there’s likely to be a defective part. If this is the case, I would suggest contacting LG to have it servied.

Galega says :

In majority of situation, this problem emanates out of vents not opening up optimally. As the dishes are drying, the dishwasher uses a vent to let out the hot, steamy air generated during the rinse cycle. If the vent does not open properly, the dishwasher will leave moisture on the dishes. Check the vent to ensure that it is opening properly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161711896290730/k2311a1117/11.17.09