Woolworths Riverwalk  » Shopping  »
Riverwalk Mall, Tlokweng, Gaborone, Botswana
  • What I like about this shop is that it offers hard to find items which I cannot buy in other groceries such as cheese (Emmental and Gruyere from France), vegetables (artichokes, chicory, Shii-take mushrooms), smoked salmon from Norway, Lindt chocolate and the like
  • Store hours are convenient except on weekdays when they open only at 9 am Unlike in the other grocery stores, the staff at Woolworths is friendly and warm

• by bethbarl

Woolworths has several stores in Botswana but to me, the Riverwalk branch is my favorite because of a number of reasons. The location is the closes to where I live. It is an ideal one because it is a shopping mall where you find other shops for clothes, phone, a bookstore, banks, several restaurants and even the water utility office.

The store sells clothes for men, women and children,, housewares and linen and a small but well stocked grocery. Most of the items are imported from South Africa and the rest of the world. What I like about this shop is that it offers hard

to find items which I cannot buy in other groceries such as cheese (Emmental and Gruyere from France), vegetables (artichokes, chicory, Shii-take mushrooms), smoked salmon from Norway, Lindt chocolate and the like. The quality of their products is high. I go to Woolworth’s to buy my cheese, my fruits and vegetables, bread, cold cuts and sometimes clothes.

The store environment is clean and pleasant. Items are arranged well and do not appear cluttered. Each section is well marked. Store hours are convenient except on weekdays when they open only at 9 a.m. Unlike in the other grocery stores, the staff at Woolworths is friendly and warm.

• I am not just a customer but a valued client. Returns are easy for items that do not satisfy you or which did not meet your standards. Once, I returned a Ragu sauce because when I opened it, it was no longer smelling good even if the expiry date said otherwise.

The quality of the clothes is also good with enough variety to choose from. As they also sell clothes by season here, they change their stock to adapt to the current season. As it is warm at the moment, I find most of the clothes I need for my family. I always know that

when I buy clothes at Woolworth’s they are of good quality and will last me at least 2 seasons.

Price-wise, Woolworths is expensive for everything. Considering that most if not all of the items they sell are imported I can understand this. However, if you can afford it, this is the only grocery store where you find the special things you would need, crave and want. I am often amazed to think that even if we are in Africa, I can still eat my Prosciutto from Italy , my husband can still drink a Chardonnay from France and my daughter can still have a smoked salmon from Norway.

keeme says :

do u have cloves ,cardamom,fennel,onise and nutmeg

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 241711896240730/k2311a1117/11.17.09