Philips Go Gear 2GB  » Electronics  »
  • What I like about this device is that it plays on the Windows Media Player

• by bethbarl

This is the second MP3 player I got, actually as a hand me down from my daughter who wanted a Barbie player. She did not know what she gave up. This MP3 player has more functions and features than my first MP3 player. It is also quite so small and light, it fits in my palm.

I installed the Philips Device Manager and Philips Media Converter in my laptop easily. What I like about this device is that it plays on the Windows

Media Player. I need not install another player. It plays both MP3 and WMA files and has even an FM radio. If I get bored with my music, I can always switch to any FM station for a change.

Another benefit that I see is the ease of use. I just click or drag files which I want in my player from the Windows Media Player. It has also a huge storage capacity at 2GB which up to now I have not all ...

• used up.

The player itself is very user friendly with a Menu from where I can select which media functions I want to use such as music, video, photos and recordings. I had the most fun with the recording function. I often record my kids’ voices when they are unaware of it. I’ve documented them singing in the shower or sometimes talking/arguing between themselves. We always had a good laugh with these recodings.

The only deficiency I see in this device is

the poor quality of the original earphones that came with it. I’ve had it changed after 2 months because the sound came out in one ear only. It was not balanced. Otherwise, the quality of the music sound is clear and the video/picture quality, good. I am very satisfied with this media storage and player as it provided me with hours of enjoyment especially when I’m gardening or when I’m doing chores without imposing my taste in music on the rest of the household.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161711896210730/k2311a1117/11.17.09