Touxium Capsules  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I would not recommend this particular brand of cough suppressant

• by bethbarl

Sometimes, I get the feeling that doctors prescribe medications which have been promoted to them by medical or drugs representatives. Such was the case when my doctor gave me Touxium capsules. I specifically asked for capsules or anything in tablet form as I have great difficulties in swallowing liquid medications. I would have preferred it if he gave me my usual medication but since

this is a new medication for me, I was willing to try it and see how it works in suppressing my cough.

Touxim is a prescription medication made by Alephar S.A. Laboratories. It comes in a box of 20 capsules. Labelling them as capsules is a misnomer because in fact, they are round, red globules. Dextromethorphan, hydrobromid at 30 mg is its principal substance. It ...

• is also classified as a non-narcotic cough suppressant.

As an oral medication, this is easy to take and swallow. However, when I assess its effectiveness in suppressing my cough, I see no significant improvements. During the day, my coughing is less but in the night, I continue to cough. I still have sleepless nights. After 3 days of use, I see no point in continuing

with this medication. It has minimal effects on my condition.

I would not recommend this particular brand of cough suppressant. It may provide some temporary relief to a dry cough but in the night where it matters the most, it does not suppress the cough at all. I would not pay any price to get this product, I am probably better off taking lozenges than this medication.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261711896170730/k2311a1117/11.17.09