Catholic Church  » Religion  »
Universal
  • Before I go any further I want all you readers to know here and now that I don't think the Catholic Church is perfect, I don't think it will ever be perfect

• by Samantha
      Since the beginning of salvation the Catholic Church has been abused, ignored, and bad mouthed! And yet we have prevailed against all attempts to put us out in the cold!

Before I go any further I want all you readers to know here and now that I don’t think the Catholic Church is perfect, I don’t think it will ever be perfect. Why? Becuase it is run by human beings, who make mistakes.

Keep that in mind as you read!

When a person hears and disagrees with something one of our clergymen has said, you do not hear the teachings you hear a person’s opinion! Whether the opinions are within or completely outside the boundaries of “social graces” more

than half the time these men and women have made the statements out of concern for those souls they are responsible for!

But Pope John Paul II did make a universal apology to those who were hurt by the merits of the PEOPLE of the Church and their ancestors.

And so I too will make an apology of whatever the Church has wrongly done after the death of His Holiness so that their will be no arguement as I go along!

First, why be Catholic? There are so many reasons I can think of that would surely turn people away from the Faith, but beleive me there is something to be had with this belief.

First, there is such ...

• a sense of love when you go into a church and there is such a strong, undaunted, passion in the hearts of those people.

Then you have the saints and angels who plead your case to the Almighty and who will help you in all that you do.

Mind you, Catholics do not worship saints, they are not gods or goddesses!

Then there’s that strong hold the Church has on saving lives and souls.

In the 1950s neighbors would come together and pray the rosary for the convertion of Russia.

Has Russia converted? Have lives been saved? (nod your heads) People listen to our leaders whether they want to or not becuase we won’t let you turn a deaf

ear to things that politicians will not address!

Your voice is heard and your prayers are answered! Why wouldn’t you look into this? Becuase America you’re lazy! You won’t do something unless you recieve a favor first.

Or on the positive side, you’ve found a faith you’re passionate about! Thank God! Whether you’re Catholic, Protestant, or Jew at least we have a religion that will stand by us, with strong foundations!

But going back to the Church, we have turned the other cheek so many times our faces have a hand print that will not wane!

I thank those who will agree with me.

Thank you who will challenge me, and thank those who even dared to listen to a hard headed Catholic!

God bless!

Catholic Church

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5111108960531/k2311a1011/10.11.05