Canon Rebel XTi Digital SLR Camera  » Cameras  »
  • If you're new to SLR cameras (and I was when I bought it) there is an automatic mode you can use to take pictures that automatically evaluates the scene you're in and sets up the cameras controls accordingly
  • I highly recommend purchasing a longer zoom lens if you plan on taking the camera out and about, my longer zoom lens stays on my camera and I use it more than the lens that came included with the camera

• by seeemilywrite

I’ve been using the Canon Rebel XTi for two years now and really enjoy the camera. The digital SLR takes pictures at a 10-megapixel resolution, which is big enough to print out some fairly large prints (I’ve done a few poster size that have looked awesome).

If you’re new to

SLR cameras (and I was when I bought it) there is an automatic mode you can use to take pictures that automatically evaluates the scene you’re in and sets up the cameras controls accordingly.

Once you get more advanced there camera allows you to manually control your aperture, f-stop and ...

• ISO with buttons that are very easy to find.

I typically take concert pictures (in pitch black rooms except for the stage) and can find and operate the controls without having to look at the camera.

The camera body itself is around $600 new.

I also purchased a 50-300mm lens

to go along with it for another $200.

I highly recommend purchasing a longer zoom lens if you plan on taking the camera out and about, my longer zoom lens stays on my camera and I use it more than the lens that came included with the camera.

Overall Highly recommend!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431711895990630/k2311a1117/11.17.09