Las Vegas season 3 episode 1 Viva Las Vegas  » TV  »
  • I know that this is a 42minute show but still I think that the story wasn’t very elaborated
  • One thing I realised in this episode is that Lara Flynn Boyle is much shorted than I thought she was

• by lorelai

Las Vegas is a show about Casino Montecito and about the private and business related problems the employees encounter. The second season ended when Montecito got sold to a secret buyer and we also found out that Danny’s Dad died in a car accident. Danny works in the security department of the casino. Immediately in the first episode proves that Las Vegas is one of the sexiest shows, first we see Lara Flynn Boyle going out of the car but very slow and in a very sexy and than we see Danny working in his father’s company, he feels hot on the Las vegan sun so he takes his shirt off.

This scene is perfect to get men and women attention. We learn that Lara, Monica Mancuso is a new owner of Montecito who is renewing it. She got her money by marring an 83 old man.

Danny can’t deal with his

father death and he can’t bring himself to sell his stuff, so Marry, his old friend and a co-worker tries to help him with that. As the Montecito was closed for renovation we don’t know who is going to work there, I mean who is and who isn’t going to star in this season. Ed Deline, chief of security is there and he realises that someone is going to try to rob the casino.

He wants Danny to come back to work at the casino but Monica tried to persuade him and he didn’t accept. He accepted only when Ed asked him too. The only person who doesn’t come back is Nessa, I liked Nessa a lot and I am sorry she didn’t return to star in this season too.

Danny’s first job, when he comes back is to try to make Sam Marquez return too. She is a casino host and ...

• has a bunch of very rich clients on the list so Monica wants her back. Here Monica show’s that she isn’t just a pretty girl with no brain and she tricks Sam by calling all her clients telling them about the Montecito opening.

Ed thinks Monica should postpone the opening because of the robberies but she doesn’t want to because that’s her chance to prove herself as a business woman. I am sorry that they didn’t dedicate more time to this investigation and solving of robbery. We see only Ed worrying everybody about the robberies 1 or 2 times and then him talking to Monica and her telling him why is that opening so important and in the end we see the actual robbery and how they prevented it, but nothing else.

I know that this is a 42minute show but still I think that the story wasn’t very elaborated. One thing

I realised in this episode is that Lara Flynn Boyle is much shorted than I thought she was. I was watching her in The Practice and she seemed much taller.

I like her role here. She is supposed to be this empty headed woman who got her money by marring a very old man but she fits perfectly in Montecito because she is determinate and ambitious woman. There was also one moment I didn’t like much.

When Mike saw from the surveillance room that robbers were entering the casino so he called Danny who was at the concert held at the casino and Danny didn’t hear the call. I know that scene was there just to add tension to the show and to make the capturing of the guys even more spectacular but still I saw 2 seasons of this show and nobody ever missed a call so I think this scene wasn’t very realistic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101611895590830/k2311a1116/11.16.09