I Love Lucy (Hardcover Edition)  » Books  »
1.5
  • I purchased the hardcover edition of the book simply titled I Love Lucy by Elisabeth Edwards because I find that hardcover books hold up better over time even if they do take up more space and bulkier
  • As for the book, I was somewhat disappointed with what this book had to offer
  • I could have most definitely gone without the episode recaps because it just seems like the recaps are there to take up space and add pages to the book
  • Unfortunately, the bits and pieces of trivia is about the most interesting quality that this book has to offer

• by GenesisOne

I purchased the hardcover edition of the book simply titled “I Love Lucy” by Elisabeth Edwards because I find that hardcover books hold up better over time even if they do take up more space and bulkier. As for the book, I was somewhat disappointed with what this book had to offer.

I could have most definitely gone without the episode recaps because it just seems like the recaps are there to take up space and add pages to the book.

Plus,

it seems like every other book on the series does this and I just see it as being unnecessary.

Every episode has pieces of trivia, some of which has been covered in other books on the series or on internet websites, but some times, through interviews with cast and crew members, like the person that played Little Ricky on the show and the writers of the show, some fresh tidbits arise that jump out of me and leave me with something new ...

• that I did not know about an episode or cast member.

Unfortunately, the bits and pieces of trivia is about the most interesting quality that this book has to offer.

There are photos spread throughout the book, but for some odd reason, all the photos are on the fuzzy side.

They are not crystal clear or even of reasonably good quality.

It is a mystery to me why they created this glossy-like effect for the photos.

Aside from the trivia and interviews,

there is nothing really fresh or interesting about this book.

There are some photos of merchandise that has been put out over the years, but that did not strike me as particularly interesting either.

If you can find this book at your library, it might make for an fun read, but by no means will this read be a memorable one.

Nothing about this book helps it to set it apart from the many other books out there on the series in a positive way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171611895210730/k2311a1116/11.16.09