Playtex Diaper Genie II Diaper Disposal System
  • If I were you, I would buy a cheaper diaper pail that holds regular trash bags for my newborn and once that started to smell, which is typically around 7 or 8 months then I would buy the diaper genie
  • Also I suggest you try it out before you use it
  • I consider this to be the messiest to dispose of diapers with
  • I don't recommend this over other pails for two reasons
  • Their plastic bags are not made of anything better than yours, they just cost more

• by duckfan

In my 15 plus years in professional child care I have used all of the diaper disposal units out there. They all have their pluses and their minus’s. The Genie gets good ratings and you would think it is a fantastic product based on reviews, but do not be fooled, it is not a magic product. It is a plastic container you are going to put poop in. All plastic takes on the smell of what is put in it.

This will hold the smell of poop in for awhile, but once your child is on solids it will stink. If I were you, I would buy a cheaper diaper pail that holds regular trash bags for my newborn and once that started to smell, which is typically around 7 or 8 months

then I would buy the diaper genie. As a nanny I was asked all the time which diaper pail to use. Let me tell you they all stink once you have an older child.

Read the reviews closely. Everyone that says any diaper pail keeps smells out has a newborn. Those that complain usually have older children. Every diaper pail will stop holding in smells after a year of use but this one is more expensive with those silly bags you have to buy for this.

Also I suggest you try it out before you use it. It is easy to use, but it’s the only one where you push a diaper down, you don’t drop it, you push it. When you have dirty diaper pushing it is very ...

• gross. I consider this to be the messiest to dispose of diapers with.

I have never had as much poop on my hand as with this pail. I don’t recommend this over other pails for two reasons. 1) those silly bags are so expensive. Go buy a diaper pail you can use your own bags with.

Their plastic bags are not made of anything better than yours, they just cost more. 2) it does not hold as much as the diaper dekkor or the diaper champ which cost the same and do the same job with poop smells. 3) this is the nastiest way to dispose of poop. Pushing a diaper down is in no way preferable to dropping it in like with the dekkor or champ.

The new diaper genie, diaper genie II is better than the old one. It is simpler to use than the first one. You don’t need to assemble it which is nice, but I don’t buy all the things they say about it. It does stink and you will need to replace it in less than a year.

The pros of the diaper genie: * it looks sleek. *easy to fill and empty. *hard for kids to open and mess with contents.

The cons of this: *it does not hold as much as the old ones.

*doesn’t hold as much as other pails. *pushing diapers into it is messy and you can get poop onto your hand. *refill bags are expensive. *hard to clean top if you get poop on it inside (and you will).

*expensive for the amount of time you will use it smell free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541611895030730/k2311a1116/11.16.09