Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • In terms of it making the foundation last longer, it does seem to work quite well and I have particularly noticed the difference around my eyes as my concealer, which usually melts away quite quickly as the day goes on, looks freshly applied until the end of the day

• by jeanne71

I have heard lots of rave reviews for the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and as the last primer I tried was not that good, I forked out the huge amount of £26. 75 and £3.

45 postage and packaging to get this from the QVC shopping channel.

I am prepared to pay a bit more for a product if it is actually effective, especially when it comes to foundation based products.

Beauty experts do often say that although you can economize on other products, you should not skimp on price when it comes to foundation.

My skin

is dry and does indeed have the texture of an interior wall that needs a lot of priming, with lots of little pits from my teenage acne days.

This primer is silicone based, which appeals to me as it makes it sound like an externally applied Botox or something! You are supposed to apply this after moisturizer and underneath your foundation and it promises to minimize imperfections, allow make up to glide on smoothly and the resulting ‘photo finish’ is supposed to last longer than your foundation usually would.

I was pleased with the results.

I allow ...

• my moisturizer to sink in properly before applying this and then the clear gel glides onto my skin and it feels even more fresh and hydrated.

My foundation does indeed glide on more smoothly and is easier to blend.

The foundation I am using up at the moment is not an expensive one but using the Smashbox primer does make it look a lot better on my skin with a more even, velvety coverage.

difference around my eyes as my concealer, which usually melts away quite quickly as the day goes on, looks freshly applied until the end of the day.

My dark circles stay covered.

This is a good product and for my dry, imperfect skin it is my now favorite primer.

It has a pump dispenser and if you are using two pumps of primer per day this is supposed to last you about three months, but I usually use more like one and a half pumps, so I am hoping this is going to last me a while.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311611894200530/k2311a1116/11.16.09