Globe Tattoo Broadband
  • Then again, I must say that after using it once, Tattoo is definitely ingenious
  • But for long periods of going online to play an internet game, to download big files of videos and mp3s, or to upload a big chunk of pictures to your blog and Facebook, I think Tattoo will find it hard to cope with these demands

• by Collette

My family decided to try Globe Tattoo Broadband last All Souls’ Day so that we could still go online while we visit our dead in the cemetery. We are internet freaks and would hate to be disrupted of our regular routine on the internet. Each of us has our own personal business in the internet, like checking our emails, Facebook accounts, playing our online games and updating our blogs. It would be time wasted in our mausoleum if we could not go online.

Our preference for Globe Tattoo over SmartBro was mainly based on the fact that our mobile phone subscriptions were on Globe. We are all postpaid subscribers of Globe. It was more for practical reasons than loyalty for this telecommunications company. See, with Globe Tattoo, we could easily load our kit by simply charging it to any of our postpaid accounts. For prepaid users, loading Tattoo may be more

of a hassle as you still have to go to a loading center.

We were lucky that by the time we decided to buy this kit, Globe was having a promotion. From P1895, we got our kit for only P895. That’s big savings for us, plus we were given P300 worth of preload on our SIM. That was good news. Come Nov 1, after offering our prayers and flowers, and lighting candles for our dead loved ones, we immediately huddled on the laptop we brought to try out Tattoo. Surfing speed was mediocre, sometimes even slow. But I do not like to be hasty in judging the speed of the internet connection because I’m used to a fast DSL connection in my workplace. In my office, internet connection is very speedy that loading pages are almost instant; done in seconds. Downloading big avi files only takes an hour or so. Loading ...

• images only takes a second or two. So a sudden switch to Tattoo for browsing was quite a change for me.

I could compare the speed objectively with that to local internet shops. Loading webpages is not so fast, yet doesn’t take forever also, as most people would be wont to comment. I am told that SmartBro has a faster speed connection, but until I have tried it, I could not really compare and say exactly for sure. I am not at all reliant to these connections-on-the-go kits because my work is very fixated and largely limited to my office table. My lifestyle doesn’t necessitate heavy use of these mobile broadband kits. In fact, if it weren’t for the holiday, we would not even think of buying one. And right after we got home from the cemetery, our Tattoo broadband kit was never used again.

Then again, I must say that after

using it once, Tattoo is definitely ingenious. It has helped a lot of those whose works are very mobile. There are times when work will require them to check emails immediately, send important documents, or chat with a VIP person. Not all spots are wifi enabled, and so Tattoo is the next best thing. One can go online even if just parked in the car, in the mall or restaurant, or practically anywhere. But for long periods of going online to play an internet game, to download big files of videos and mp3s, or to upload a big chunk of pictures to your blog and Facebook, I think Tattoo will find it hard to cope with these demands. Doing these things will take much longer than usual. There may be big lags in response times. It might irk a user if he is impatient or used to speedy DSL connections.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211511894040730/k2311a1115/11.15.09