Linksys wireless-N broadband router wrt160n
  • I bought this router because I wanted to be able to use the internet on my laptop
  • At a sale price, this router cost me 79.99 plus taxes
  • More than I wanted to pay but the sales lady's opinion was it was the best brand out there for the price
  • At first the router worked fine but then I went through a lot of changes that kind of makes it hard to pinpoint the exact problem
  • I am also certain that my neighbours who live about a block away have enjoyed using my linksys wireless n router to get on the internet as well

• by ecotester

I bought this router because I wanted to be able to use the internet on my laptop. At a sale price, this router cost me 79.99 plus taxes. More than I wanted to pay but the sales lady’s opinion was it was the best brand out there for the price.

Setup was a little difficult for me. Eventually I got it working but I am no longer using the program software it came with. The linksys router website seems

very easy for an outsider to hack into your account. The first thing you want to do is change the password that lets you onto that site.

At first the router worked fine but then I went through a lot of changes that kind of makes it hard to pinpoint the exact problem. First I bought a new printer, then a new monitor, then a new tower but on top of all that a shady new neighbour moves in next door.

• I blame a little bit on all of it.

For a while there my internet connection was dropping like crazy. This was prior to my finally changing the default password. Things got better but still not perfect. Also, I went through this period when I just couldn’t connect to the net and I would have to powercycle the router alot to get it working again.

I have to say that all problems that I have had with the router never

seemed to be attributed to the router alone. There was always another issue that helped make the router ineffective so as for the router itself, I’d have to say it’s a pretty good router.

I’ve connected to the internet using my laptop in just about every area of my house and even outside. I am also certain that my neighbours who live about a block away have enjoyed using my linksys wireless n router to get on the internet as well.

jay robin luya says :

how to change the password of my wirelees-n broadband router?

Jules Li says :

It sounds like you’re referring to the wireless password. First, you will need to access the router’s set up page. Open a browser and enter 192.168.1.1 and hit enter. Click the wireless tab. Click the wireless security option. You can change the network password by entering a new one into the box.

sam replies :

press and hold reset button for 30 sec to restore to factory default

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331511893990730/k2311a1115/11.15.09