Shopko.com  » Web sites  »
2.0
  • My biggest complaint about Shopko in general is the prices

• by Steve

I’m not a big fan of our local Shopko store but they do occasionally have a decent sale; I just hate going there in person. So, when I learned Shopko. com finally started allowing you to order directly from the Web site, I was thrilled.

At least until I actually visited the site. My biggest complaint about Shopko

in general is the prices.

They offer roughly the same thing as every other store only they charge more for those items; the only exception being the rare sale item. This wasn’t any different on Shopko.

com. The prices there, including those on sale items, were much higher than other sites.

And they didn’t even offer free shipping ...

• unless you order $25 or more. Heck, I can have stuffed shipped from Walmart.

com right to the store for free. The other disappointing thing about the site was the selection.

It seems the only things they offer for sale are the things they have in their current flyer. Or, at least, they don’t offer much more than

that.

The games section, for example, had just 24 items to choose from. I can go to a dozen other sites and have hundreds to choose from.

I hate to say this about a Wisconsin based company but Shopko is too late to the Internet shopping game and isn’t offering anything special on Shopko. com.

I don’t see myself doing any shopping there.

Karen says :

Your not alone with shopko I wanted a furniture television stand the one they had in the store had 2 prices to it. very confusing the one in the store was damaged and screwed together they had it clearanced down to 82.00. The pieces were on sale and the one connecting piece was the damaged one of course it was screwed to the other one. You had to purchase the top damaged display and then the other piece you had to purchase in a box at 219.99. Now who wlould want to buy the displayed base unit with screw holes in it they wouldn`t sell both of them together.I looked on the internet googled it came up 89.00 for the top piece non damaged and 179.99 for the bottom one I called the internet portion of ahopko and they said it was up to the discretion of the store if they wanted to sell it at that price. I called the store the I talked to the furniture department i asked if they would sell at the internet price since the internet said not available on line. i could hear the store manager in the background telling the kid what to say, the kid did telll me that they were on sale at thoes prices 3 days ago. The store manager didn`t have the guts to even answer the phone and talk to me. Shopko is NOT on my favorite store list and i don`t think it will ever be to bad they lost a customer. and i`m sure we`re not the only ones that have stopped shopping there

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201411893441230/k2311a1114/11.14.09