Victoria’s Secret Velvet Amber Blackberry Fragrance Mist
  • But in the last catalogue, I bought a fragrance based solely on the item description, and it was a risk that I am glad I took
  • I am never very good at describing fragrances, because I do not know the proper terminology, so I will try to just use my own language to describe my new favourite scent
  • That is certainly not a great description, but it is the best I can do
  • For me, it is the perfect fragrance, because I like a light, non-in-your-face scent

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am a big fan of everything that Victoria’s Secret sells, and I most often purchase their clothing. Because I shop online or from their catalogue, it is difficult to sample their beauty products before buying, so I don’t often purchase these items. But in the last catalogue, I bought a fragrance based solely on the item description, and it was a risk that I am glad I took.

What attracted me to Velvet Amber Blackberry Fragrance Mist in the Victoria’s Secret catalogue was first the name, and secondly the gorgeous packaging. There are four products in this new line, a simmer powder, a fragrance

mist, an eau de parfum, and a fragrance lotion. All of them look beautiful, in a rich plum colour with pink trim. The effect for me was that it reminded me of old fashioned glamour and elegance. Secondly, the name for me implies soft blackberry, and although I was not sure where the amber aspect came in, I wanted to try this immediately. On my next (bi-monthly) order from Victoria’s Secret, I included the fragrance mist. At only $24 for an 8.4 ounce bottle, I didn’t think it was a bad deal at all.

When I got my order a week later, I was eager ...

• to try my new fragrance. I could even smell a bit of a fragrance when I opened the spray cover top. I am never very good at describing fragrances, because I do not know the proper terminology, so I will try to just use my own language to describe my new favourite scent. Just like the appearance of the bottle, it is a deep, rich fragrance, but not heavy. The blackberry scent is one of three that I can determine, and the other two are a forest-like scent and a warm floral scent. The first layer, or stage, is slightly fruity, and after about 2
        hours, it was more floral. It lasted all day without being too overpowering, and the last stage is almost an outdoorsy scent, sort of like showering outside. That is certainly not a great description, but it is the best I can do.

I have layered this fragrance mist over other scents, like scented body cream, and it is even better. I do intend to buy the other products in this line. For me, it is the perfect fragrance, because I like a light, non-in-your-face scent. It might not suit those who prefer heavier, stronger perfumes, but for anyone who likes light, fruity scents, this is perfect for you.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561411893151230/k2311a1114/11.14.09