ELF’s Get the Look Smokey Eyes
  • This is a great look for night time, but during the day I found out that it is way too overpowering and just looks emo

• by Joelle

A good smoky eye completes a formal outfit. I was never able to get it right, and then when I saw the line of smoky eyes they had available, I just had to buy one. So, I went ahead and bought them, thinking that if I could finally figure out just how to do one right, then it would be worth the investment completely. This set was only $5, and was the smaller set. There was also a $7 that was a little more advanced, but I wanted to start out with the simpler one first. There were already enough steps in this one,

I didn’t need to have even more. That would have just ended up being completely obnoxious for a first time smoky-eye maker. I was so excited that my hands were shaking, which was probably why it took a few times to master, because having a steady hand was very important.

I don’t remember the exact order in which the instructions told me to do everything, but after a few times, I got familiar enough with it that I can do it fine without the instructions. What I do first, is the eye shadows. I start with the white up on my brow bone for a ...

• highlight, and then the black around the rim of my eyes. I take a little grey, and fill in underneath the white, and then blend them togething, making a sort of gradient where the black is dominant around the eyes, and the white is nice and bright up by the eyebrows. Then, I took the black eyeliner, and lined all the way around my eyes, as well as the waterline. I smudged that out with the smudge brush to soften it. That just made the black even darker, and really polished off the smoky look.

The last step that it had was to put on

the mascara that they had, but that is an awful mascara, so I used my own. I used XXL lengthening mascara, because it does a lot more that their does, and doesn’t flake like it either. And if three coats of mascara wasn’t enough, I used their false eyelashes. For special occasions, I even use their flirty eyelashes with the little rhinestones. They really add the finishing touch to the outfit, and make my eyes and entire face sparkle. This is a great look for night time, but during the day I found out that it is way too overpowering and just looks emo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311411893091130/k2311a1114/11.14.09