Cedarlane Cheese Lasagna  » Food  »
1.0
  • Perhaps what I was most disappointed in was the cheese
  • The pasta I found to be alright, but average is not something that I consider to be acceptable, especially when the meal as a whole is disappointing
  • This is a frozen dinner that I would not recommend

• by GenesisOne

Cedarlane Cheese Lasagna is not a frozen pasta meal that I plan on purchasing again because I did not find it to be all that enjoyable. The reason I did not find it to be too enjoyable is because the flavor of the lasagna, be it the pasta, the cheese or the sauce, did not really do much for my taste buds. I have had other varieties of lasagna from Cedarlane, but this variety did not appeal to me quite as much.

Perhaps what I was most disappointed in was the

cheese. There are two cheeses that coat this lasagna: ricotta and mozzarella.

Now I love cheese. I find that adding cheese to something almost always improves the flavor of the food and takes my enjoyment of the food up another notch.

In this instance, though, neither of the cheeses really did very much for me. Rather than rich in taste, I was treated to a dullness that only offered up a hint of authentic cheese flavor.

Amidst the cheeses I came across mushrooms. Mushrooms, to me, are tasteless things that contribute ...

• nothing no matter what I find them on.

The same is true for this frozen pasta dish. They are there, but they do nothing for me.

I suppose they contribute to the meal being filling, and it certainly is filling, but other than that, their presence is pretty much irrelevant and largely forgettable. Speaking of forgettable, onto the sauce.

I guess this is regular pasta sauce and by regular I mean lacking in herbs and spices and instead specializing in blandness. Oh the sauce does offer the flavor of tomatoes, but

it is not a rich flavor, and as I said, there are no herbs and spices that result in a scrumptious sauce, Italian or otherwise.

The pasta I found to be alright, but average is not something that I consider to be acceptable, especially when the meal as a whole is disappointing. About all that I can say about this lasagna in a positive sense is that it is filling and it is all natural, but neither quality can make up for the disappointing flavor.

This is a frozen dinner that I would not recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271411893051130/k2311a1114/11.14.09