Banquet Salisbury Steak
  • The sauce does moisten the meat to an extent, although had the meat not been sitting in the sauce, I may have actually skipped the sauce and just used ketchup because I think ketchup has more flavor than the brown gravy used in this meal
  • As for the corn, I found it to be a little on the hard side and perhaps a little dry, too, but it was edible and not really much worse than the canned corn
  • If you can get this meal on sale or with a coupon, either situation is equally likely I would say because Banquet meals seem to be on special pretty often, then I would recommend that you give this frozen dinner a try

• by GenesisOne

Admittedly, Banquet Salisbury Steak does not exactly live up to its picture on the box. The steak does not look quite as big, the mashed potatoes do not look nearly as fluffy and the corn does not appear as fresh. Indeed, it looks as if judging by the size of the food tray that the Salisbury steak, at one time, was intended to be bigger than it actually turned out.

Appearances aside, the meal is decent. It tastes better than it looks, let me put it that way.

The meat, although a little on the tough side, offers

a decent flavor to it. It is a lot like eating a frozen hamburger after it has been cooked, really.

The sauce does moisten the meat to an extent, although had the meat not been sitting in the sauce, I may have actually skipped the sauce and just used ketchup because I think ketchup has more flavor than the brown gravy used in this meal. The gravy just does not add much in terms of flavor.

The mashed potatoes, I think, are the highlight of this meal. They are actually reasonably fluffy and moist.

Although they are certainly ...

• no where near as pleasant tasting and smooth as homemade mashed potatoes, they certainly beat boxed mashed potatoes easily! As for the corn, I found it to be a little on the hard side and perhaps a little dry, too, but it was edible and not really much worse than the canned corn. Adding butter certainly helps! What I felt was missing from this meal was a biscuit or two, so I made a few to go with my meal.

Overall, it is a reasonably filling meal that does offer flavor, to an extent. While I certainly do

not think it is of high enough quality to be a part of my regular meal plan, once or twice a month is by all means just fine.

If you can get this meal on sale or with a coupon, either situation is equally likely I would say because Banquet meals seem to be on special pretty often, then I would recommend that you give this frozen dinner a try. I doubt it will satisfy everyone, but some people might find the meal an acceptable choice on nights when one does not feel like cooking or has the time to cook.

Banquet Salisbury Steak
    wanda campbell says :

you have really mess up your Salisbury Steak Dinner by adding the extra 25%. Potatoes Gravy all run together. Do not need the apples. If you was going to make change you should have left the other dinner. I have been eating the regular Salisbury Steak Dinner for years. I am very disappointed that you have made this change. Please put the other dinner back on the shelf. I buy mine at Wal-Marts.

Thanks
    wanda

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271411893011130/k2311a1114/11.14.09