Folgers Gourmet Supreme Coffee
  • I love a cup of hot coffee while I’m working, reading or watching a good movie on TV
  • Today I decided to try Folgers Gourmet Supreme
  • I paid a little less than $7.00 at Wal-mart
  • I was a little hesitant about trying out a coffee that may be stronger than I can handle, but I thought I would be getting a real treat with it being gourmet
  • This coffee really does have the full body as claimed on the canister, and I found it to have a rich robust smell

• by BreezeWriter

I love a cup of hot coffee while I’m working, reading or watching a good movie on TV; it helps to clear my thinking and I become more focused on my tasks.

Today I decided to try Folgers Gourmet Supreme. As I was shopping the big red plastic canister caught my attention, along with the claim that this is a gourmet supreme coffee. It holds 1 lb and 11.8 oz of ground coffee, and makes up to 240 cups. I paid a little less

than $7.00 at Wal-mart.

Folgers has ranked its product on their scale as a dark coffee blend. I never really paid any attention to the body of coffee, and when I saw this, I looked at other coffees on the shelves that I have drank in the past, and their ranking fell in the category of light or medium.

I was a little hesitant about trying out a coffee that may be stronger than I can handle, but I thought ...

• I would be getting a real treat with it being gourmet.

This coffee really does have the full body as claimed on the canister, and I found it to have a rich robust smell. I added non-dairy creamer and sugar, and it blended quite well with the coffee, but I wasn’t able to determine what made it gourmet.

During the first few sips I really didn’t notice a difference in the taste from other coffees, but as it settled in the cup, the

flavor started taking shape.

This coffee is quite strong and has a sort of bitter after taste, but if you like strong coffee’s you will find this acceptable. If you do not like it as strong, less coffee or more water could be used when brewing, but who has time for that, when you could just buy a less potent flavor. Aside from the strength of the after taste, this coffee is of a good quality, and for the price you will get your moneys worth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271311892080730/k2311a1113/11.13.09