Hilton Eugene and Conference Centre  » Hotels  »
2.5
66 East 6th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • I would recommend looking elsewhere for accommodation when visiting Eugene

• by Jessie Bahrey

I had never stayed at a Hilton Hotel chain hotel before, mainly because I hadn’t seen one in the places I have traveled, or if I did, I just assumed that it was expensive and that you pay a premium for the name. On a business trip to Eugene, Oregon, someone had booked the Hilton Eugene and Conference Centre for me, with the only request that I had made being that it was close to downtown so I could walk everywhere if I needed. This hotel

ended up being very conveniently located, but it was extremely pricey for what you end up getting. At close to $180, when most US hotels are under $120, there were no extras, and many of the features that I have come to expect, free parking, internet and breakfast, were not options here. Although this hotel is modern, clean, located conveniently, and gives the appearance of being high-end, by the time you factor in the extra costs, it is not at all a good value for your ...

• dollar. Here are my observations:

The Good: -The location is excellent, within walking distance everywhere in the downtown core.

-The customer service was excellent.

-The common areas are all modern, clean and bright.

-The rooms are modern, clean, and nicely furnished.

-The lines, amenities, décor, towels and furniture is high-end.

-The bed is comfortable and wonderful.

-The gym is great, with excellent cardio equipment.

The Not-So-Good: -The exterior is not particularly aesthetically pleasing, being an apartment-style building.

-The rooms are noisy, and I heard traffic and trains

all night long. (I should have anticipated this when we were offered earplugs upon checking in.

-No complimentary breakfast -Parking and the internet are each $10 per day.

-The rooms are small -The restaurant, Skinners, looks overpriced for the menu that I saw. I heard several guests complaining about the food, the selection, the prices and the service, so I did not try it out.

In conclusion, the Hilton Eugene and Conference Centre is expensive, given the room rate and all the hidden costs, and it does warrant the high price. I would recommend looking elsewhere for accommodation when visiting Eugene.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21211891620530/k2311a1112/11.12.09