Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care  » Cosmetics  »
  • I saw a new product in my local hair products retailer, and although it was expensive, I decided to give it a try
  • The first thing I noticed was the thickness and richness of both the shampoo and conditioner
  • I found that my roots did not need touching up for almost 7 weeks, and even then, it happened quite gradually
  • This is different than my usual experience, where I usually see the roots start getting dark after 4 weeks, and then in the next 2 weeks, they very rapidly get dark
  • I would recommend it for anyone with coloured hair

• by Jessie Bahrey

One of my many problems with colouring my hair is that I have yet to find a shampoo and conditioner that will really be colour-safe, and not cause my colour to fade fast. I have tried expensive, salon brands, even those recommended by the stylist that does my salon colour, as well as several drug store brands; they all claim to protect colour and even extend it, but I had not found one that actually did this. I saw a new product in my local hair products retailer, and although it was expensive, I decided to give it a try. Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care certainly sounded good, and I have used styling products by Fekkai before and really like them. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner for $18 each, because

I was tired of spending a fortune on root touch-ups when my colour lasts only a few weeks. I hadn’t necessarily planned to purchase these items, because I still had my regular colour protecting shampoo and conditioner, but I wanted to try this.

I started using the shampoo and conditioner right away. I had coloured my hair at home about 3 weeks earlier, so this would be a good test, because often I can see the need for a root touch-up after about four weeks. The first thing I noticed was the thickness and richness of both the shampoo and conditioner. There was not a strong fragrance, but I don’t ever care about that. But the shampoo lathered up nicely, without having to use a lot of product, and the conditioner penetrated my ...

• hair quickly, and rinsed out nicely. Unlike so many of the colour-protecting hair products, these products didn’t over-moisturize and leave my hair rather limp and lifeless. It still gave my hair volume, while making it soft and conditioned. My main concern, of course, was how it protects my colour.

After using this product for two colourings, I have to admit that it really might do what it claims to do. I found that my roots did not need touching up for almost 7 weeks, and even then, it happened quite gradually. This is different than my usual experience, where I usually see the roots start getting dark after 4 weeks, and then in the next 2 weeks, they very rapidly get dark. The fact that these products seem to slow down this darkening

process of my coloured hair is a great thing, and I feel as if I have found a really great solution to keeping my colour as long as possible.

Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Color Care really does protect my coloured hair better than any other shampoo and conditioner that are specially formulated for coloured hair that I have tried yet. While it isn’t a miracle, it does extend the colour noticeably, and makes it a gradual process rather than sudden, which I really like. It also gives my hair moisture without making it heavy. I will continue to use this, because even though it is a bit pricy, it allows me to colour my hair less, so in the end, it is cost-effective. I would recommend it for anyone with coloured hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211891610530/k2311a1112/11.12.09