Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • After seeing an ad for Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager, a friend of mine rushed out to buy it, because she thought that it looked interesting
  • I found that after I let me skin dry, and put on makeup, my skin was not moisturized enough, and by about noon, my skin felt dry and tight
  • My conclusion would be that while I like the tingly sensation immediately after using this roller, and it does feel as if my circulation on my face is improved, the effect lasts only a few minutes, and over time, it tends to dry out my dry skin
  • I would recommend the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager only to people who want an instant, cooling sensation, and those who don’t have very dry skin, because those with dry skin will find this product drying

• by Jessie Bahrey

I rarely see a cosmetic product on a television advertisement or in a magazine ad and go out and get it right away, but I sure have friends that do. After seeing an ad for Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager, a friend of mine rushed out to buy it, because she thought that it looked interesting.

Essentially a roll-on, much like a roll-on deodorant with a ball at the top of the bottle that you roll all over your face, it claims to stimulate microcirculation, (whatever that is), which brightens skin and reduces signs of aging.

Now, I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck, and I have

tried so many skin care products that make that claim, to reduce signs of aging and other such anti-aging claims, but my friend ended up buying me one as well (not that I asked her), for $19.

99 for a 50ml bottle, so I played along and began using it.

Some of the features of this face massager are: it is dermatologist-tested, is allergy-tested, is gentle to even sensitive skin, and has all those nice ingredients that face creams usually have.

I started using it the next day, following the instructions to roll the ball part of the bottle in circular motions all over cleansed skin on your face, forehead and chin.

...

• My observations: the caffeine and other ingredients do give your skin a tingling, cool sensation, much like rubbing an ice-cube on your skin.

However, this sensation is short-lived, as it lasts about 5 minutes.

I found that after I let me skin dry, and put on makeup, my skin was not moisturized enough, and by about noon, my skin felt dry and tight.

So I have been putting a daytime moisturizer on my skin after using this item.

While my skin did not break out or feel tight right away, it did not nourish or moisturize my face at all, and I found that it actually dried out my face

after a few days.

My conclusion would be that while I like the tingly sensation immediately after using this roller, and it does feel as if my circulation on my face is improved, the effect lasts only a few minutes, and over time, it tends to dry out my dry skin.

I would recommend the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager only to people who want an instant, cooling sensation, and those who don’t have very dry skin, because those with dry skin will find this product drying.

It is not really worth the money, and for me it seems to be just a gimmicky skin care item, with no real benefits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211891600530/k2311a1112/11.12.09