La Roche-Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • La Roche-Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub was recommended by the salesperson, and I love it
  • I told the salesperson about the problem I was having, finding a cleanser that cleaned deeply enough but didn’t dry out my sensitive, dry skin
  • I know from past experience that although this brand is a bit expensive, it comes highly recommended by dermatologists
  • I decided to purchase a 50ml tube for just under $25
  • I would recommend La Roche-Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub to anyone who wants the deep cleaning of an exfoliating scrub, but also needs moisturizing

• by Jessie Bahrey

During the winter, I usually stop using facial scrubs to cleanse and exfoliate my face, because they tend to be too harsh and drying to my skin. I was tired of either having the deep cleaning but drying effect of facial scrubs, or moisturized but not deeply cleansed skin when I try to use a mild cleanser, but I had not ever seen a gently scrub before. I went to my local Sephora store, and managed to find the perfect solution; La Roche-Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub was recommended by the salesperson, and I love it.

I told the salesperson about the problem I was having, finding a cleanser that

cleaned deeply enough but didn’t dry out my sensitive, dry skin. She right away recommended this exfoliating scrub by La Roche-Posey, because the ultra fine particles in this scrub are gentle on the skin, and it is particularly good for sensitive skin. I know from past experience that although this brand is a bit expensive, it comes highly recommended by dermatologists. I decided to purchase a 50ml tube for just under $25.

I read the packaging before I used this scrub for the first time, and saw that the ingredients include thermal spring water (most of the brand’s products contain this ingredient), and is pH balanced, and contains no soap,

• alcohol, colour, fragrance or paraben. It claims to remove makeup, hydrate, purify and soothe the skin. I gave it a try that evening, and right away, I noticed the difference between this scrub and all the others I have tried-this one does not sting at all, and the particles are very small and not rough. My makeup really did come off with minimal scrubbing, and in fact I only had to gently clean in a circular motion and not scrub at all. The particles were so fine that rinsing was easy, whereas some of the other scrubs had such thick particles that it can take a long time to
        rinse them all away. My face felt clean but did not sting or tingle at all, and was soft and smooth right away. And the best part was that there was no dryness afterward, and even after using it for a week, my skin did not get dry and flaky. I did not have to use a heavier moisturize than I usually do to make up for the deep cleansing, and my face was not at all irritated.

I would recommend La Roche-Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub to anyone who wants the deep cleaning of an exfoliating scrub, but also needs moisturizing. It is especially good for those with sensitive skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211891580530/k2311a1112/11.12.09