Caltrate Plus
  • I decided that I had nothing to lose, as I already took a calcium supplement, plus it was inexpensive compared to prescription medications
  • There is no cure, and generally the best one can hope for is to have their symptoms controlled
  • I tried several medications before I found one that worked, and even then, it does not work all the time
  • I have done further research, and there is a magnesium-based supplement that works for other IBS patients, so I would recommend that each person may need to try several formulas before finding the one that works for their specific symptoms

• by Jessie Bahrey

I discovered Caltrate Plus completely by accident, and I have to admit that I take it for an entirely different reason than its intended purpose. It is a dietary supplement that contains calcium, as well as Vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, and copper manganese, and is intended to help people get the calcium they need when they don’t get it from their diet. However, when I was doing some research on IBS, a condition I suffer from, I came across an article that claimed that people with the type of IBS I have were getting relief from taking Caltrate Plus.

The article spoke of some medical studies, and even said that there are doctors who are prescribing this

supplement to be taken along with IBS medication. I decided that I had nothing to lose, as I already took a calcium supplement, plus it was inexpensive compared to prescription medications.

I was skeptical, but anxious to try it out.

The prescribed dosage for this calcium supplement is to take two 600 mg tablets per ay, so I began to do this.

I still took my prescription IBS medication, and for the first few weeks, I didn’t notice any difference. But after 3 weeks, I began to notice a slow improvement in my IBS symptoms.

I had less frequent and less severe bouts of running to the bathroom, and within 5 weeks, I began to feel ...

• healthier and less run-down. Now, to be honest, there is no miracle cure for IBS, and doctors and nutritionists often have to work very hard to find the right combination of food and medication to help sufferers control their symptoms.

There is no cure, and generally the best one can hope for is to have their symptoms controlled. To add to the difficulty, IBS affects people in different ways, so what works for one person may not work for others.

I tried several medications before I found one that worked, and even then, it does not work all the time. Caltrate Plus has made a noticeable difference to my life, but again, certainly not a cure, just

a lessening of symptoms.

I am unsure if it the extra ingredients in this particular supplement, or whether it is the formula, but Caltrate Plus does work for my IBS. I have done further research, and there is a magnesium-based supplement that works for other IBS patients, so I would recommend that each person may need to try several formulas before finding the one that works for their specific symptoms.

However, given that this supplement is available without a prescription, it has no side-effects, and the nutritional ingredients are beneficial to even non-IBS sufferers, it is worth a try. I would also suggest taking it twice a day with food, and not to stop taking your regular IBS medications.

Caltrate Plus

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261211891540530/k2311a1112/11.12.09