CG Smoothers 2-in-1 Winter Rescue  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am not always a fan of Cover Girl products, but this one sounded unique and something that would help my morning beauty ritual become a faster experience
  • I decided to pay the $10 and try this new product out
  • I couldn’t really tell if my face was moisturized right away, but I was impressed with the light, natural coverage
  • I love the time this products saves me in the morning routine, and I also like that it saves me money by not having to use two products

• by Jessie Bahrey

For all of my adult life, I have been wearing a moisturizer on my face for the daytime, and if I wear makeup or foundation over it, I just hope that it will all look smooth and natural. I have found that I cannot put makeup on my face without having some sort of moisturizer on it first, or my skin will be dry and tight in a very short time. I have not even thought about combining a moisturizer with a makeup before, mainly because I had never seen such an item, but when I saw Cover Girl’s CG Smoothers 2-in-1 Winter Rescue in a store the other day, I was intrigued. This liquid makeup also contains a moisturizer, so presumably it would save time and money by combining both these daily elements into

one product. I am not always a fan of Cover Girl products, but this one sounded unique and something that would help my morning beauty ritual become a faster experience. My pet peeve has always been trying to find a good moisturizer that nourishes my skin all day, but was light enough to allow makeup to go on smoothly and also stay on all day. I decided to pay the $10 and try this new product out.

I purchased the shade Classic Beige, because it most closely matched my skin tone. I tried this makeup the next morning. It was strange not to put on moisturizer after my shower, like I normally do almost automatically. This makeup is quite light, not any thicker than a normal liquid foundation, so I wondered if the moisturizer element was ...

• really going to be any good. So I applied this foundation to my face, and it didn’t feel thick or heavy, and it also did not make my skin feel tight, like foundations sometimes do. I couldn’t really tell if my face was moisturized right away, but I was impressed with the light, natural coverage. I always detest foundations that feel heavy on the skin and look unnatural. I finished the rest of my morning routine and left for the day. The packaging claims that the moisturizer lasts for 11 hours, and I have to say that my face did not feel tight or dry all day. The makeup also lasted all day, and my face didn’t get shiny, like it often does when I wear makeup over a moisturizer. I love the time this
        products saves me in the morning routine, and I also like that it saves me money by not having to use two products. I would likely not use this product in the summer, because I need a moisturizer with sun screen in it, and I don’t generally wear foundation in the summer anyway, but I will be using this in the cooler months.

CG Smoothers 2-in-1 Winter Rescue is ideal for people who want to save time in the morning and save money on their makeup and skin care purchases. It also provides lasting coverage and moisturizing, and looks natural on the face. I would only suggest that for those people looking for lots of coverage, this product might be too light for you, but for those people who want natural and light coverage, this is perfect for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211891530530/k2311a1112/11.12.09