Kroger Chipmates Cookie Cereal
1.0
  • Unfortunately, the Kroger version of this cereal is really no better than the General Mills version, which I tried one time and never again
  • The second problem I have with the cookies is the taste

• by GenesisOne

Kroger Chipmates Cookie Cereal is a Kroger store brand cereal that is based off of General Mills Cookie Crisp. Unfortunately, the Kroger version of this cereal is really no better than the General Mills version, which I tried one time and never again.

I personally think that neither cereal comes close to accurately recreating the taste or texture of

chocolate chip cookies.

The Kroger cereal, like the General Mills cereal, is crunchy and that was their first mistake, I feel.

Chocolate chip cookies are supposed to be on the soft and moist side.

Yes, they are supposed to be a little crunchy, but both these cereals are borderline hard! While this might be a plus for when they ...

• are added to milk as they will not go soggy as quickly, I never purchased either cereal with the intention of having it for breakfast.

Instead, I purchased it as something sweet to snack on at times in the afternoon.

For me though, this is not like snacking on a few chocolate chip cookies.

The second problem I have

with the cookies is the taste.

There is very little chocolate flavor.

Both brands suffer from a lack of great tasting chocolate chips.

Between the cereal being far harder than a typical homebaked chocolate chip cookies and the dull flavor, the Kroger brand cereal fails to improve upon the disappointing General Mills brand and neither will I purchase again at any price.

Jade says :

re : The second problem I have with the cookies is the taste
    So nasty. I had one bowl and I am throwing the whole bag out. Currently sick to my stomach and in bed.

Albrenny says :

Not only the taste is awful but the texture is grainy and disgusting. Throwing away the entire bag. Waste of money

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271211891420530/k2311a1112/11.12.09