Thomas’: Blueberry Pre-Sliced Bagels  » Food  »
  • More is generally better, and in the case of these bagels, more would have resulted in a better, more enjoyable experience that I would have been pleased to add to my morning breakfast once a week or so
  • If you are in search a tasty blueberry bagel, about the best I have found so far is the Sara Lee Deluxe Blueberry Bagels

• by GenesisOne

I was disappointed with Thomas’: Blueberry Pre-Sliced Bagels for one very simple reason: the bagels did not have a sufficient number of blueberries to satisfy my expectations. More is generally better, and in the case of these bagels, more would have resulted in a better, more enjoyable experience that I would have been pleased to add to my morning breakfast once a week or so.

However, the sparse number of blueberries that rest in various parts of the bagels fail to make these bagels memorable in my mind.

I did enjoy what blueberries I did taste because they had a fresh and tasty flavor to them, but I would have much preferred tasting more blueberry than bagel, and that that was not the case.

It is a shame that more blueberries were not baked into these bagels because aside from the bagels lacking a plentiful portion of the tasty berry, there are no other problems that I have with the bagel.

As I said, the blueberries that are include taste quite good and the bagels themselves ...

• were fresh.

Baking one of the bagels in a toaster results in an appetizing blueberry aroma to fill parts of my kitchen.

For all these reasons, I wanted to really like these bagels.

I tried adding some blueberry spread to one of these bagels in the hopes that it would make up for the blueberries that I felt were missing, and while it did to an extent, it is still not the same thing.

Blueberry spread cannot take the place of pieces of real blueberry.

It just adds

up to a different kind of experience because the spread has a smooth texture while the blueberries themselves I must bite into and that is when the flavor is unleashed.

If you are in search a tasty blueberry bagel, about the best I have found so far is the Sara Lee Deluxe Blueberry Bagels.

That brand tends to bake a larger number of blueberries into the bagels and thus makes for a more flavorful and enjoyable eating experience.

These by Thomas’ just do not quite measure up as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271211891380530/k2311a1112/11.12.09