Antec 900 PC case  » Hardware  »
  • I bought the Antec 900 case because I needed a larger case for a new graphics card, the GTX 285 and for a larger CPU fan, the Cooler Master Hyper
  • With the adding of the 120mm fan on the side panel came a problem with putting the side panel on
  • I think the water cooling will free up the case a lot and provide for cooler temperatures
  • I would recommend this case to any hard core gamer, overclocker, or just someone who wants a really nice case that isn't the size of a minivan, yet can perform just as well

• by TheHast

I bought the Antec 900 case because I needed a larger case for a new graphics card, the GTX 285 and for a larger CPU fan, the Cooler Master Hyper.

This case was relatively inexpensive at about $100 when I bought it. It comes in a stylish flat black with a handy tray on top for pencils and things. This case has a total of 3 120mm fans and a very large 200mm exhaust fan on the top (blowing air out). The case also has a mount to add a 4th 120mm fan on the side panel, which I did add. All the fans, with the exception of the one I added, were three speed and had switches on the power cord.

This being a mid-size

case, I did have a bit of trouble getting everything to fit. To get the 285 GTX to fit, I had to put my two hard drives into the bottom bays, as the GTX leaves no room for hard dirve power and data cables if you put them on the second to top and third to top shelve. I’m not worrying about this as i still have 4 hard drive bays. The Cooler Master Hyper was also a bit of a close fit. The top of the cover on the Heat sink has scratched paint where it rests on the mounts for the side panel. I must add the fan does fit just fine and there is no larger fan on the market. With ...

• the adding of the 120mm fan on the side panel came a problem with putting the side panel on. The side panel fan fits like a puzzle piece along with the heat sink of the CPU fan, it did take a but of practice to put the side panel on and take it off again.

Even with everything jammed in the case, there is still remarkable air flow. I have cooler cpu and gpu temperatures than a friend with a larger, yet less effectively cooled case. The only down side to all the fans is the noise. The computer running in my living room is comparable to a helicopter landing inside the house. I don’t mind the noise however, as I use a headset with

my computer, thus eliminating any of the cases noise. It is also nice that the case comes with holes for water cooling, which I plan to use in the near future. I think the water cooling will free up the case a lot and provide for cooler temperatures.

The only real downside to this case is the fact that the inside is painted a dull gray. I would very much like it if it were painted the same black as the outside of the case and I think it would look much nicer considering the Plexiglas side panel.

I would recommend this case to any hard core gamer, overclocker, or just someone who wants a really nice case that isn’t the size of a minivan, yet can perform just as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331211890950430/k2311a1112/11.12.09