MAC Fibre Rich Lash Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • In my experience, eye makeup is the most difficult
  • I am looking for something that will enhance my features the best and last the longest because I don't want to be reapplying 3 or 4 times a day to maintain one look
  • Given in a situation when you are pressed for time and I only have to pick two makeup, definitely that would be lipstick and mascara
  • Innovation wise, this product will get a perfect score but I think the result is the better judge
  • I like the liquid because it gives you advantage when you are applying it in your lashes

• by sales manager

In my experience, eye makeup is the most difficult. Women spend lot of time on, obviously I am one of them. Since I always practice trial and error, I feel like I’ve tried almost all product in the market in an attempt to find my own mascara or lipstick perhaps. Whenever I travel, especially to Singapore, makeup is always on the list of things to buy. Over the years I have tried various brands and I have my favorites. However, every new product is worth trying and I try to post possible reviews to guide every new buyer like me. In my line of work, makeup is always needed. Even if I have almost tried all products, I am always yearning for perfection in terms of effect. In my daily need, I want something that is easy to use and achieves my objective. I am looking for something that will enhance my features the best and last the longest because I don’t want to be reapplying 3 or 4 times a day to maintain one look. I always thought that mascara is one of the single most valuable cosmetics

a woman can have. Given in a situation when you are pressed for time and I only have to pick two makeup, definitely that would be lipstick and mascara.

MAC Fibre Rich Lash Mascara offers an unconventional brush which is fibre-rich. Of course the foremost feature we look for in a mascara is the brush. It can make or break the application. What makes this fibre-rich brush different? The brush is composed of fibres in between the bristles. Yes, real fibres like those fibres we know. According to this cosmetic line, fibre helps supports short lashes which in the process helps build fluttering lashes, producing a more attractive look. I would salute the innovation in terms of providing us with a more novel trend in makeup. This was my first time seeing a mascara which has fibre-rich brush. Innovation wise, this product will get a perfect score but I think the result is the better judge. When I looked at the brush, it has lots of bristles and mostly it looked unorganized. The fibre occupies spaces in between the plastic bristles which was purposely intended to support short lashes.

• I had high hopes that this would deliver great results.

It failed me. The bristles were too short to even reach big lashes. And the fibre installed made the whole brush look messy and so is the results. It was too messy for me. I had to wipe with wet wipes my lashes several times just to get the perfect curve. This kind of brush is not helpful and I would say it will surely consume your time doing makeup. I would give this mascara a poor rating in terms of brush.

I am heedful too on the kind of liquid a mascara contains. Others make it super fluid which is not helpful because it is messy. Most of the makeup now has this pasty-faced mixture in their liquid, giving a more appropriate and convenient application. This is the kind of liquid I get with MAC Fibre Rich Lash Mascara. I like the liquid because it gives you advantage when you are applying it in your lashes. It gives a tremendous curve too. Always check if the liquid gives so much support. A mascara is like a hair gel

which is designed to support a desired look for the hair. It is the same with mascara since you want your lashes to flutter, the liquid should give you this ability. I was satisfied with the results with MAC. Also, the liquid does not contain irritating smell like others which smells like poison or chemicals. This one is almost scent-free. It has a very light smell but I can guarantee that it is not annoying.

Regarding dermatological and ophthalmological requirements, I have checked it with a local store personnel in Singapore. Definitely MAC has the highest standard of care in all its products and ensures the safety in terms of health for its customers. I have been a MAC user too for several years now in some of its products and I have never experienced any side effects. The mascara is safe for those wearing contact lens and also safe for the skin.

The overall effect on my lashes is not attractive because mainly the brush does not support perfect coating in terms of reaching almost all lashes. I don’t find this mascara exceptional and the innovation of installing fibre is a failure for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211890770430/k2311a1112/11.12.09