Sony Vaio VGN-FJ3S/W laptop  » Laptops  »
  • After examining the technical specs and asking questions, my husband and I decided that this would be the most suitable laptop for me
  • I am using it everyday (average of 6 hours/day) for nearly 4 years now and I have never gotten any problem nor any virus

• by bethbarl

This is the first laptop I ever owned and was actually a gift from my husband. This was bought in 2005 and I am reviewing how this laptop worked for me over the years.

The first thing which caught my husband’s attention (and certainly mine later) when we were browsing for laptops, was the elegant design of Sony Vaio products. Never mind the price tags. The laptop screen (in the display shop) was sleek, very intense and brilliant, enough to entice us to buy just by the way it looked. After examining the technical specs and asking questions, my husband and I decided that this would be the most suitable laptop for me.

Its CPU is an Intel Pentium M 740, quite a good processor speed with

a 1 GB memory, WLAN, built-in camera, microphone, LCD screen speakers, CD Rom and 3 USB cables. It runs on XP Home as its operating system. And, it weighs only 2.4 kgs.

So how did my laptop performed after 4 years? I have installed so many programs in it like Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Java, Windows Media Player, Ubisoft, Maxtor (external drive) along with the pre-installed programs and games which came with it like Outlook Express, Real Arcade and IE. In addition, my laptop is connected to a scanner, printer, a phone for making VOIP calls, my MP3 player and a digital camera. With all these devices running on my computer, I really believed it would one day just crash. But, it did not and to my ...

• mind, it never will. I suppose, if something was technically wrong with this laptop, it would have manifested already after a few months of use.

I am using it everyday (average of 6 hours/day) for nearly 4 years now and I have never gotten any problem nor any virus. I still have a lot of memory space in all my hard disks. It never ceases to amaze me how it could also handle all my media files (although I do not really store videos). I never had problems with surfing as all the pages are displayed quickly and with a good picture resolution. The sound quality is also perfect which allows me to enjoy video, movie or music content on or offline. I make VOIP

calls, shop online and all sorts of activities on my laptop. It has also travelled a lot with me across continents but not once did it ever give up on me. I still have the original battery and it still works fine.

My opinion is, the Sony Vaoi is an excellent value product. This laptop has far exceeded all my expectations of what a laptop should be – functions well all the time, good processing speed, good picture and sound quality and is of a good size to take with me anywhere (in or outside the home). No doubt, this is a durable, quality product. I would not give this laptop up in the next 2-3 years or until it dies a natural death.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631211890550330/k2311a1112/11.12.09