Rain by Colortrends Nail Polish Remover
1.5
  • I think it's a textual error on the packaging

• by jhunie

At present, I seldom use generic Acetone to remove nail polish after knowing it destroys my natural nails. Acetone leaves my nails dull and dry causing considerable damage. I also experienced cracks and yellow discolorations on my toenails which were possibly signs that my nails were getting brittle. These are just some of the reasons that add up to the list of why I stopped using Acetone.

While shopping for nail colors, I was so enticed to buy this Rain nail polish remover because of the product description written on the packaging. From what I understand, this nail polish remover doesn’t dry nails and has a lesser acetone

content as expressed on the bottle. I went home with a new alternative to acetone and waited for the next two weeks to elapse ’till I can remove my nail colors.

Alas! The day arrived when I finally had to replenish my manicure and pedicure at the same time, test this product. I made generous drops of the blue liquid on a cotton ball and started removing my french manicure. Rubbing it lightly on the nail surface didn’t erase the nail color at all. I applied more force and rubbed the cotton deliberately . Oh boy, it took super abrasive force to remove the lacquer. I ...

• was exhausted, removing both manicure and pedicure itself lasted for two hours. Ouch! My thumbs were swelling already and I can still see some traces of base coat residue left on my nails. This was worse than acetone.

My natural nails were left dehydrated, the surface looks scratched and feels coarse because they were too abraded. I had to forcefully rub the cotton and repeatedly apply drops of this lacquer removing solution over and over. I saw white films which were contrary to what the product description says. Though, I can attest that it’s true to be non-smearing. I had to moisturize my lifeless looking nails

with a hand cream.

One thing I didn’t understand about its product description is that it boasts to help nail polish adherence - why?….when it’s suppose to remove nail polish technically. I think it’s a textual error on the packaging. The solution constitutes a mixture of water and alcohol. I can tell it’s less concentrated with acetone because it smells not as intense as pure acetone.

I never expected this lacquer removing solution to be such a wimp. But honestly, that’s just what it is. Then, I’ll continue looking for a true quick-easy nail polish remover.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311211890260330/k2311a1112/11.12.09